Update on Norm Stayton from Cyndi.... 6-12-14

Update on Norm Stayton from Cyndi.... 6-12-14

Howard Jacobs
Latest update on Brother Norm....

Update on Brother Norm from Cyndi Stayton...

Update on dad: He is now at Reche Canyon. We had a family meeting today. We went in dad's room first. Mom & E swear dad tried to talk. I just saw his chest heaving as he was choking.

The advocates were encouraging mom to fill out paperwork for Medi-Cal. I explained our desire to have him moved to Barstow VA home after the 100 days.

They had a contractor come in who helps families apply for Medi-Cal. I mentioned dad was a veteran. She left the room & came back with a number for the VA nursing home facilitator advocate.

Since we were in the area we went to the Loma Linda VA. I kid you not...10 minutes after walking thru the front door we were talking to a social worker who advised dad could stay a year at Reche Canyon on his VA contract.

It was easy, we were relieved, we know where dad will be for the next year & 3 mos. He enjoyed it there previously. The advocates expressed they were all heartbroken at dad's current condition bcuz they remember him from last year. They said he was social, playing bingo, doing puzzles, & advocating for other patients. He would call the nurses in for his roommates & make sure mom brought sugar free candy for the bingo players who were diabetic. They play bingo for 'fun sized' candy bars but don't give any if the resident is diabetic so dad provided the diabetics with sugar free candy.

Keep the thoughts and Prayers going for our Brother.... he's one hell of a fighter.

Re: Update on Norm Stayton from Cyndi.... 6-12-14

Frog
Cyndi, your dad is special!

Jim Plona

Re: Update on Norm Stayton from Cyndi.... 6-12-14

Bear
Our thoughts and prayers are with Norm & the family.  REFUSE TO LOSE  NEVER QUIT.  We love you bro.  Only wish I could do more!

Respectfully,
Bear

Re: Update on Norm Stayton from Cyndi.... 6-12-14

Mike Dobson
My very best to Norm and all the Staytons !!
Mike Dobson (ROH)

Re: Update on Norm Stayton from Cyndi.... 6-12-14

Bill Rutledge
I wish i were close enough to Visit with Norm often,