Seawolf Det 4 Pilot passed away

Dan Arnes
Administrator
Got a call from Mike Worthington today who got word that Seawolf William "Mike" Michael Feichtinger, LT, Det 4, 6/21/1971 to 2/27/1972 passed away on January 22, 2014 in VA Medical Center in Martinsburg, WV with Lewy Body (Dementia).
Found two obituary's:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/omaha/obituary.aspx?n=william-michael-feichtinger&pid=169440303&fhid=19873

William Michael Feichtinger
Feichtinger, William Michael "Mike" Retired U.S. Navy CDR Age 72
Timberville, VA. Passed away peacefully at the VA Medical Center in Martinsburg, WV on January 22, 2014. Mike was born on February 24, 1941 in Omaha, NE. He is survived by his wife of 48 years, Barbara J. Morley, also of Omaha; daughters, Kristin Carretta and husband John of Charleston, SC, and Laura McGrath and husband Pat of New Market, VA; son, Michael and wife Kristi of Vail, CO; 5 grandchildren; brother, John Feichtinger and wife Barbara of Tucson, AZ; sister Kathleen Vogt of Denver, CO; sister-in-law Nikki Feichtinger of Scottsdale, AZ; and aunt Shirleen Fitzpatrick of Chicago, IL. He was predeceased by his parents, Charles and Gladys Feichtinger; and by his brothers, Thomas, Gerald, and James Feichtinger. He retired from the U.S. Navy in 1991, with 32 years of Military Service. During those years, he served multiple tours in Vietnam, where he flew more than 400 missions as a Helicopter Combat Pilot with HA(L)-3. He accumulated over 5500 hours of flight time in helicopters and fixed wing aircraft during his career. Mike lived his life for God, Country, and Family. Upon retirement, Mike received his Master's in Education, and began a very enjoyable, second career dedicating his time to Salem H.S. in VA Beach. He refereed for the Virginia High School Soccer Association until he turned 70 years old. He loved his family deeply and touched the lives of many, and he will be missed by all. BURIAL will be held in Arlington National Cemetery with full Military Honors. Memorial contributions specific to Research in memory of William Michael Feichtinger may be made to: the National Lewy Body (Dementia) Association, 912 Killian Hill Road, S.W., Lilburn, GA 30047. Online condolences may be offered at www.BrownFuneralHomesWV.com BROWN FUNERAL HOME PO Box 821, Martinsburg, WV 25402 (304) 263-8896

Another at: http://www.brownfuneralhomeswv.com/book-of-memories/1786665/Feichtinger-William/service-details.php

Condolences to the family,

Dan

Re: Seawolf Det 4 Pilot passed away

Mike Worthington
Dan had located Mike some time back and was a great pleasure talking with him. We flew many OPS on Det 4 and made it through  many adrenalin "SCRAMBLES"  He had been in ill health and was contacted by his wife Barbara and Jim Doran and Bill Pressey and myself did our best to help her and their son Mike. You will be missed but NEVER FORGOTTEN---you are at PEACE my BROTHER    Mike

Re: Seawolf Det 4 Pilot passed away

dave johnson
God bless, May God watch over you and your family  RIP

Re: Seawolf Det 4 Pilot passed away

..rest in peace..Seawolf.

Re: Seawolf Det 4 Pilot passed away

Howard Jacobs ROH
Thoughts and Prayers go out to the family... Rest in Peace my Brother.