Sad news this morning

materene
My Brothers I awoke to a private message on my facebook account from Mustang Mel's sister in law, the following text is that message. It seems she may have typed his last name with two L's , someone might verify this completely but I thought in the interest of time I would forward it to you and the facebook groups.  America has lost another good Son

"I am sister in law of Mel Howell and just found out this evening that Mel has passed away. I saw you on his timeline and thought ?I would tell you. I am handling arrangements at Browning Funeral Home in Evansville Indiana"

Materene

Re: Sad news this morning

Bill Rutledge ROH
This is a shock, but he has been declinging for the last few years, He was the Ultimate Seawolf Supporter , Mustang you will be missed, Rip Brother,

Re: Sad news this morning

Frog
Mr. Howell was one of the good one's.  The world is a sadder place with his loss.  RIP Mr. Howell.

Frog

Re: Sad news this morning

Dan Arnes
Yes Tom, there are two "LL's"...

Melvin "Mustang Mel" Clay Howell, LCDR (Ret), Det 3, (Seawolf 35), 8/5/1970 to 8/1/1971, LIFE Member of the Association.

Nothing on internet re: obituary yet.

Rest in Peace Mel,

Dan

Thanks for the call Augie.

Re: Sad news this morning

Rod Chelius
Mel was Seawolf to the bone. A true good guy. Rest in peace Mel. God bless you and your family. Keep the coffee hot in the big hangar in the sky. You will never be forgotten.

Re: Sad news this morning

Howard Jacobs
Rest in Peace my Brother... he was a great man.

Re: Sad news this morning

Michael LaBella (ROH)
Rest in Peace Commander, i knew you in bihn thuy and det 3, may you head on up to the hangar in the sky, and meet up with all our other brothers, waiting for the rest of us to come mosying in, Bless you Sir

Hand Salute!  Two

Michael & the Kat