Nabble deleting posts

CDRMB
I too got an email from Nabble saying they had deleted several of my posts.  Anyone know what is happening?

Re: Nabble deleting posts

Howard Jacobs
They must be watching this site too and deleting anything that they don't like.

Re: Nabble deleting posts

Lee Hirschel
I too got a notice that they deleted my post on unions and the VA. Guess it was too political. If it is a move by the govt that affects our benefits with the VA then it should be allowed. Did not realize it is up to the host to censor our forum, thought they just were here to facilitate the using of the forum.

Has anybody happened to notice the Vietnam version 2.0 going on in Afghanistan. Pulling troops out, to let home country troops take over the defense of country, leaving behind so much military equipment and arms that we know are / will fall into the hands of the taliban. Kind of hard to believe the idiots in Washington did not forsee this happening with hindsight of Vietnam!

Re: Nabble deleting posts

CDRMB
I am not sure why my post was deleted since the message was very clear that the Seawolf website was NOT a place for political arguments.

Hey webmaster, what is going on?

MB

Re: Nabble deleting posts

Dan Arnes
CDR,
See the reply to Howard Jacobs' post about this subject. Your post was not the problem (in fact it pointed out the problem with the prior two posts), but the original post was deleted because it started conversations down a political path. The two others who posted after Howard were automatically deleted as well, with Howard's.

"This forum is for the posting of SEAWOLF related questions, SEAWOLF fellowship and general good natured exchanges of information or humor.
Subjects meant to discord, including those of a political nature, will not be allowed. Thank you in advance for taking this category of posts to Scuttlebutt.
The views and opinions expressed on this forum are not necessarily those of the Seawolf Association, it's officers or executive committee."

Sometimes you have to refresh the screen after you post to see it....

Dan

Re: Nabble deleting posts

CDRMB
Dan - I got it.  Thanks for the explanation as well as repeating the quote from the top of the forum.  These are challenging times and easy to forget why our forum exists.

MB

Re: Nabble deleting posts

CDRMB
Dan - no CDR, that was loooong ago.  Mike please.

Re: Nabble deleting posts

Dan Arnes
Administrator
Got it Mike

Re: Nabble deleting posts

Lee Hirschel
Dan, Unfortunatly  Scuttlebutt no longer exists!

Re: Nabble deleting posts

Dan Arnes
Administrator
Wow, news to me. What happened with the Scuttlebutt Webmaster Rick?

Re: Nabble deleting posts

Howard Jacobs

I posted information that I felt was affecting all of us... I got it off of the internet.  So why wasn't it removed from the internet?

Put our access back on this site so that certain information can be posted for the members only.

Re: Nabble deleting posts

Howard Jacobs
I just removed my photo..... I don't want to offend anyone.

Re: Nabble deleting posts

Dan Arnes
Howard,
Had you just posted the link without your added political statement (which resulted in subsequent political statement), you would have been fine... and we do not control what is posted on the internet.

As you can see by your own post here, you still have access to the Forum, but unknown to me previously, the "Scuttlebutt" has been deleted from our website. I wasn't aware of that until now, but have asked Webmaster Rick Racich what happened...

Dan

Re: Nabble deleting posts

Howard Jacobs
The same post that was removed here has not been removed from facebook.... makes one wonder. I say what I have to say...

Re: Nabble deleting posts

Dan Arnes
Administrator
I deleted my Facebook account because of the political BS so I know nothing about that.

Re: Nabble deleting posts

Howard Jacobs
I'm not on facebook anymore either.... was always in facebook jail for voicing my opinion. I've been away from here for quite a while too... I make one post and done.

Re: Nabble deleting posts

Howard Jacobs
What was the reason for getting rid of Scuttlebutt for members only?  An explanation might be a good idea and may help.

Re: Nabble deleting posts

Dan Arnes
Administrator
I'm not sure Howard. Rick Racich said it had been deleted back when the new website was built.

Dan

Re: Nabble deleting posts

Howard Jacobs
Dang.....thanks Dan.