My Il Plate

John Cook

Re: My Il Plate

Mike Dobson
nice plate John !
Mike Dobson (ROH)

Re: My Il Plate

Michael La Bella (ROH)
lookin good John
You've never lived until you almost died, for those who fight for it
freedom has a flavor the protected will never Know!

Re: My Il Plate

Howard Jacobs
Great looking Plate !!

Re: My Il Plate

Bear
Looking good bro.  The only thing they care about in Washington state is whether or not you are a TREE HUGGER:)

R/Bear

Re: My Il Plate

..John,...that is one nice look'n plate and holder.!!

.....what do the three stars represent sir.?

Re: My Il Plate

John Cook
There are actually 9 stars on the plate, the bottom 6 are hidden by the cover.  I have no idea why, I wasn't an E-9!

Re: My Il Plate

kid purington
..Thank you John...nine stars, not three, and you have no idea why & you wasn't an E-9...yeah i made E-5, then stateside back to E-4,...was work'n on E-3 but i got out before i made it back to E-3, i think it had sum-thing to do with stars or bars, may have been nine of them too and only three that called me into their office, see'n if i wanted to remain in the Navy, more likely it was the nine in the bar that nite and i took on three, shortly after the frack'n happened i lost count of them stars too..
 my pleasure chatt'n with you John....and will see yah in Dallas under the stars, sir.

Re: My Il Plate

John Cook
Christ--Don't call me "Sir!!"  Just an E-5 doing my duty---And that was usually in "The Head," where we all did our best thinking.

Re: My Il Plate

kid purington
..not a problem John.....

Must say tho i was think'n of license plate letters.

s=Seawolf
i=in
r=retirement....................should have made clearer..

Re: My Il Plate

John Cook
I did a BMV check and IL plate # "CWLV" is available.

Re: My Il Plate

kid purington
Look'n forward to see'n you
and this Seawolf, down
in Texas.!

Re: My Il Plate

seawolfcop@sbcglobal.net
Yo john,I've got an Illinois plate that I'd like to post but can't seem to figure out how. I'll keep trying.

Re: My Il Plate

Dan Arnes
Administrator
Dwight,

To post a photo, first you have to scan and save a copy of the photo to your computer. If that is already done then,

When you open or reply to a post, the bar at the top has a tab "Insert Image".

Click on it and where it says: Upload image from my computer: Click on browse. Go to the drive/folder where the photo is and select it.

Then click at the bottom of the small screen where it says "Insert Image".

You can then click on the bottom of your post to "Preview Message" before posting to ensure the photo is showing.

Dan

Re: My Il Plate

John Cook
Thanks Dan, I can do it, but can't s'plain it.

Re: My Il Plate

Dan Arnes
Administrator
That was for Dwight John...

Re: My Il Plate

seawolfcop@sbcglobal.net
Received your post. Thanks,Dan.

Re: My Il Plate

seawolfcop@sbcglobal.net

  Dwight Granlund from Chicago,Illinois **** I've had this plate for more than 10 years. Assigned to HAL(3) Jan1970-Jul1971 flew Sealords 10 out of Binh Thuy.

You've got to love these plates.

Re: My Il Plate

John Cook
Nice plate Dwight.  I was there 4/69-6/70.

Re: My Il Plate

seawolfcop@sbcglobal.net
Mission accomplished on posting my photo on the forum cite.Thanks again Dan.

Now I'm experiencing a bit of a problem changing from my e-mail address to my name w/photo.

If you can help me with this I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks again, Dwight
12