"Mustang" Mel Howell services Seawolves requested attendance

"Mustang" Mel Howell services Seawolves requested attendance

Mike Dobson
I just received a call from Mel's sister. It was a good, although understandably, a emotional call. Seawolves are DEFINITELY requested to attend. I would ask all Seawolves in the reasonable radius to please attend. Buddy up and share a ride, a bit of a reunion in itself, and wear our colors gentlemen .  I posted personal thoughts under Gary's post of the obituary.  I have copied the service info from that post

Obituary for Melvin C. Howell
Funeral services will be held at 11:00 AM on Monday, March 24, 2014 at Browning Funeral Home, 738 Diamond Ave., Evansville, IN 47711 with Rev. Steve Clayton officiating. Entombment will be held at Memorial Park Cemetery where the Retired Veterans Memorial Club will perform military rites.
Mike Dobson (ROH)

Re: "Mustang" Mel Howell services Seawolves requested attendance

David Smale
Mustang Mel = Super Seawolf =  extraordinary Seawolf assoc. supporter. Wish I could attend. Hopefully others can make it. Mel is worthy.

Re: "Mustang" Mel Howell services Seawolves requested attendance

Seawolf_det1
If any other Seawolves are planning to attend Mel's funeral in Evansville, I would love to be able to ride down with you.  Doctors will not let me drive that far by myself anymore, so I am at the mercy of others.  I will be more than happy to help out with gas.  I live in McCordsville, a little town on the northeast corner of Indianapolis and my cell phone number is 317-294-7946.
Thank you

Re: "Mustang" Mel Howell services Seawolves requested attendance

materene
 Don Jacobs will try and attend, he is in the area over the weekend but the weather is turning bad and may cause a problem.  Hope as many of you guys that can will attend Mel's funeral.

Materene

Re: "Mustang" Mel Howell services Seawolves requested attendance

Richard King
My first post on this new forum. Hope I get it right.

Just spoke with Henry "Deadrock" Livingstone. He and I agreed to drive up to Mustang Mel's services. I called Norm Geist, who lives a few miles away. Don Jacobs was visiting him, so I talked to both of them. Norm will attend the funeral with Deadrock and I. Still working on Don J. He says there is bad weather moving in and he should go home and also he does not have suitable funeral clothes with him. I offered him a blazer that i have out grown. That dude has a 30" waist. Damn! Offered him my old Seawolf jungle shirt and hat. Maybe he will attend.

Re: "Mustang" Mel Howell services Seawolves requested attendance

Seawolf_det1
Unless I find a ride I won't be able to make it but I'll be there in spirit

Take care,
Rick
Sent from my iPhone

http://navy-seawolves.1002155.n3.nabble.com/Mustang-Mel-Howell-services-Seawolves-requested-attendance-tp732p739.html
To unsubscribe from "Mustang" Mel Howell services Seawolves requested attendance, click here.
NAML

Re: "Mustang" Mel Howell services Seawolves requested attendance

Mike Dobson
This is funeral for a SEAWOLF ---- a jungle shirt is perfect ! --- Mel will smile !!   and we really DON'T want to blend into the crowd ---- we want them to know the connection -- even after 45 years !    Thanks GUYS !
Mike Dobson (ROH)

Re: "Mustang" Mel Howell services Seawolves requested attendance

Bill Rutledge ROH
Yes, cammo, jungle , Beret , will be perfect for Mel. he would love it and so will the other attendees
OB1

Re: "Mustang" Mel Howell services Seawolves requested attendance

OB1
Mustang Mel will be missed.  He was a GREAT supporter of our Association  & a GREAT Seawolf.  Many memories of Mel & Thelma attending our first reunions & they always seemed to be the first to arrive. Will keep Mel in our thoughts and prayers.  Rest In Peace Brother.

Re: "Mustang" Mel Howell services Seawolves requested attendance

Dan Arnes
Received an email from Richard King with this photo from the funeral.

Re: "Mustang" Mel Howell services Seawolves requested attendance

Bill Rutledge ROH
Thanks to Richard King and the others that Attended,
Mustang , Your Crew Chief/Gunner  Chief Ken Wheeler has the bird dailied , your flight gear is ready, and the Coffee is Hot, Fly in Peace Brother Mel

Re: "Mustang" Mel Howell services Seawolves requested attendance

Richard King
Seawolves attending were Ron Pellerito, Norm Geist, Henry Livingstone and myself. Service was well done with color guard. Mel's passion, Germania Maennerchor, an all male German choir same some songs.

Re: "Mustang" Mel Howell services Seawolves requested attendance

Mike Dobson
Thank you for attending !!  Once again Seawolves have answered the call for the last "stand down" --- Well Done Seawolves
Mike Dobson (ROH)

Re: "Mustang" Mel Howell services Seawolves requested attendance

Michael La Bella (ROH)
Although I was absent in body, my mind and spirit was present in full colors for you Commander,  may your journey join you with your beloved wife, and together go on up to the hangar and help keep the coffee hot for the rest of us, we will be there shortly may the Wonderful and Good Lord keep you and Bless you

Me and the Kat
You've never lived until you almost died, for those who fight for it
freedom has a flavor the protected will never Know!