McD's to open in Saigon, first one in country

McD's to open in Saigon, first one in country

Paul Albertine
ah yes, McD's awarded their first Vietnam franchise to the son-in-law of the prime minister...but here's the fun part, the son fled VN with his family in 1975...attended Harvard University for undergrad and received an MD and MBA from Northwestern before returning to Vietnam after a stint at Goldman Sachs...stop me here if you don't think this is ironic, family flee's VN, kid goes to Harvard..(apparently learned how to marry up)..marries the prime minister's daughter and returns to VN to wealth and privilege...

oh, the prime minister's daughter is Swiss educated and has the first two starbucks in Vietnam...  Vietcong were a tough enemy, would bet that those that fought in the 'cause' don't own a McD's, or a Starbuck's..

irony?

Re: McD's to open in Saigon, first one in country

kid purington
..son-in-law,..numbar one educated clown wit stars in pupil's...got stock in him??, 4sure to rocket vay, vay, op.!!
.."buy me coffee and mickey D GI,..i wove you long time no Sheeet"...and the nightmares never subside.!!..just g8.

Re: McD's to open in Saigon, first one in country

Howard Jacobs
And we all know what that special sauce will be on those burgers.

Re: McD's to open in Saigon, first one in country

karlj
What kind of meat is really in the burgers?

Re: McD's to open in Saigon, first one in country

Ron Hamilton
water buffalo with a little nuoc mam

Re: McD's to open in Saigon, first one in country

Roger Ek, Seawolf 25
Is it on Tu Do Street?

Re: McD's to open in Saigon, first one in country

Gene sjoberg
  A hundred and one ways to WOK your Dog.