Lost another Seawolf in Florida

Dan Arnes
Administrator
Received emails this morning (sent yesterday) from Bill McCamy & Craig Vosseteig:

Seawolf Raymond Melvin WIKSTROM, LTJG, Det 1, 10/14/1969 to 10/1/1970.
CAPT WIKSTROM passed away 5/20/20 from complications due to Parkinson's and a massive stroke.
He gallantly fought for 6 months but in the end he lost.

Preliminary Obituary

Dan

Re: Lost another Seawolf in Florida

Mike McNaull SW 81
RIP Ray, you will be missed.

Re: Lost another Seawolf in Florida

Mike Dobson
When I arrived on Det 1, Ray was a FTL, and a good one he was.  No doubt many SEALS and Riverine sailors made it home because of his tactics . Reports of him while he was a CO in the HSL community say he was a great CO ---- I guess we "E's"  trained him well !!   Rest in Peace Seawolf !
Mike Dobson (ROH)

Re: Ray and I flying together- Det 1

mikesuldo
Ray and I flying together

Jack Ludwick (now deceased) and Ray on the "T" with a captured flag

mikesuldo

Re: Lost another Seawolf in Florida

                                      ..Rest in Peace Seawolf...