Fish'n with Army

kid purington
..it's a long story...took my good "Army" buddy to the fish'n lake for a day of drown'n worms...so we land in the park'n lot...get the boat set up for a fabulous day on the water...slowly i back down the boat ramp...trailer enters water..all's going good...trailer goes underwater...boat goes underwater...Never.!! depend on Army...seems he is not up to the job of removing "all" the tie-downs on his side of the boat...incredi-bale..well the boat got washed pretty good on the inside, good thing the drain plug was in so no water could get out...this is a mighty fine way to start off your morning of fish'n...with my expertise, i slowly drag boat up ramp, investigate sit-rep...remove drain plug, enjoy a smoke as water vacates said boat, never said a word in anger, damn proud of myself on that call...payback-payback.!!  Once we was a fish'n, i got sunburnt, forgot the sunscream stuff..that's what happens when you live in Oregun...Only because of my intense Navy training did i survive the frack-ing, no doubt this was a test from our "lord"....Well "today" another lake i go forth to and maybe sum'n really fantastic awaits thar for me and my not so good "Army" fish'n pal-z-wel-z.....best to you all...grab yourself sum worms and you too can get wet with "kid"....and you think i got nutt'n to do....

Re: Fish'n with Army

dave johnson
may be your army buddy thought you were in the subs, when you were in the navy

Re: Fish'n with Army

Gene sjoberg
   Had similar experience with a civilian feind.  At the boat ramp prior to enteri ng the water un-hooked not only the safety chain but the winch line. The steep angle of the ramp allowed the boat to slide off trailer before entering H20.   DRY LAUNCH IS less than desireable,  payback was a Wet Boot as I peed in his boot when I had the chance.  I havent allowed him near my boat in years.

Re: Fish'n with Army

kid purington
..dave, you might have a point thar, or Army is just a knuckle-head...hummph.

..stubby..i ain't never take'n my boots off in your company.!...yet i do recall an episode from the Nam, when Harvey B...did that in Henry's boot...then "sum-1", hollered.."SCRAMBLE".!!...to this day i still see & hear poor ole Henry's actions and words..way-hay, the way he rise's....right off the trailer yah say, see Dan's password post on scuttle-butt that about sums up sum..hahah

Re: Fish'n with Army

Gene sjoberg
   Don't get too Optimystick, the Light at the end of the Tunnel is probly another Train !!

Re: Fish'n with Army

kid purington
..Hang on Gene, I'll
run down and take