Captain Charles Elmore Myers (nicknamed “Poe”)

Captain Charles Elmore Myers (nicknamed “Poe”)

Ed Pietzuch
Administrator
Can anyone  help?

Hi, I wanted to post the following to see if anyone remembered my father and his service to the Seawolves. See below. Thank you! Greetings, My late father, Captain Charles Elmore Myers (nicknamed “Poe”), served with the Navy Seawolves as a helicopter pilot. My family is putting together a family history and wanted to incorporate military stories from his time in Vietnam or how he obtained his Silver Star. I was hoping someone who served with my father remembered him. Best and thanks to all for their service, Michele (Myers) Shortley

Thanks,

Ed

Re: Captain Charles Elmore Myers (nicknamed “Poe”)

Seawolf54
I knew Captain Chuck Myers when he was a LCDR and I was an Ensign. He was assigned to Detachment Three at Vinh Long in the Mekong Delta with HA(L)-3 and I visited him in the hospital following his "electrocution". He and I stayed in touch until around April 1980 when he was in the Pentagon. We lost touch after that. I had great respect for Captain Myers. He was a great naval officer and aviator!

I did not know him as "Poe".

Morrie Steen
Captain, USN (Ret)
Seawolf 54

Re: Captain Charles Elmore Myers (nicknamed “Poe”)

Dan Arnes
Before my time Ed, but I wanted to add:

He was a HAL-3 PlankOwner,

Besides being on Det 3; he was also OinC of Det 6**
OPS REPORT - MAY 8, 1968 LCDR C. H. CHILDRESS relieved LCDR Charles MYERS as Det 6 OinC.

Name: Charles Elmore Myers
Award Date: 25 Sep 1968 (awarded after his tour 5/31/1967 to 5/14/1968)
Type of Medal: Silver Star Medal
Military Unit: 06821 (HA(L)-3)
Military Service Branch: Navy
Action: Heroic
Office: Officer
Awarded By: Commander in Chief U.S. Pacific Fleet

Besides his Silver Star from HA(L)-3;
**POST HAL-3 AWARD
Name: Charles Elmore Myers
Award Date: 28 Jul 1978
Type of Medal: Legion of Merit
Military Unit: 08185 (SECNAV)
Military Regiment: SECNAV
Military Service Branch: Navy
Action: Meritorious
Office: Officer
Awarded By: SECNAV

FindAGrave Link - https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/103755319/charles-elmore-myers

Dan

Re: Captain Charles Elmore Myers (nicknamed “Poe”)

kid purington
                 ...Rest in Peace SeaWolf...