Can anyone help me with Uniform ID

RWhitley

Greetings,
My first post, so thank you for the add.
I am a curator at a military museum and have 2 items which I am looking to gather more information on.  Specifically the 2 individuals, Doran and Bennett.
I thank you in advance.
R. G. Whitley

Re: Can anyone help me with Uniform ID

Dan Arnes
Administrator
The one on the left is probably CWO1 (Retired as CWO4) Jim W. Doran.
The one on the right could be one of two of guys. It appears to be a Petty Officer 2nd Class (PO2) Crow, and we had 4 Bennett's; one was a CPO, another was a PO1, so probably neither of them and both have passed away. The other two were: PN3 Gerald L. Bennett; and AZ2 William P. Bennett, both still living.

Dan Arnes

Re: Can anyone help me with Uniform ID

RWhitley
Thank You,

The Doran top has D6741 written in black ink on the inside collar.
When did Jim Doran Retire?

The Bennett top has 7830 written in black ink on the inside collar.

I really appreciate the help, Dan.
Rae

Re: Can anyone help me with Uniform ID

Dan Arnes
Administrator
Those appear to be Laundry numbers as they are not relevant to any other ID numbers. I have no information on when Jim Retired.

Dan

Re: Can anyone help me with Uniform ID

Howard Jacobs
If you are on Facebook search both names... I know Doran is on Facebook.

Re: Can anyone help me with Uniform ID

Jess bradbury
Dan those would be the last 4 of there service numbers for laundry numbers the one with a D would with his last four

Re: Can anyone help me with Uniform ID

Dan Arnes
Administrator
Doesn't match either one of them. I have their Service Numbers.

Re: Can anyone help me with Uniform ID

Jess bradbury
That is what we used in vung tau

Re: Can anyone help me with Uniform ID

RWhitley
I connected with Doran.  Thank you for the help.
Have not been able to find Bennett.
Rae