Anyone recall a Seawolf Pilot LTJG Joe Griffin?

Anyone recall a Seawolf Pilot LTJG Joe Griffin?

Dan Arnes
Administrator
Does anyone remember a LTJG pilot named Joe Griffin around 1970 timeframe. (I show him born 7/1948)

Following up on a merchandise order for Seawolf patch from Mike, I called him today in Florida and asked when he was in HAL-3, said "it was his second tour, but he can't remember when he was in HAL-3".
Asked what Det he was on, can't remember what Det, said "didn't fly off the big barge, it was the little barge".
Asked if he remembered any of the pilots he flew with, said "can't remember names".

I told him I didn't have him in the HAL-3 records, said he "graduated flight school in 1968, so probably around 1970", asked what rank, said he was a "LTJG in HAL-3", asked where he transferred to, said he "left to 7th Fleet as PAO Aide and Staff Pilot".

Said he "purposely forgot all that"!

My records only show one Griffin; AZ3 David S. Griffin, 8263 NEC Gunner, Det unknown and haven't found yet, but believe he's in Woodbridge, VA area.

Dan

Re: Anyone recall a Seawolf Pilot LTJG Joe Griffin?

bradbury
he would have been 22 in70 to young be a ltjg

Re: Anyone recall a Seawolf Pilot LTJG Joe Griffin?

..do not recall any Det-6 pilot by that name..

Re: Anyone recall a Seawolf Pilot LTJG Joe Griffin?

Mike Dobson
He wasn't on Det 1 in 70 & Det 1 wasn't flying off any barges in 71  ------  hmmm, let's look at the time frame ---- turned 22 in July 70 ?-----  I gotta say something is fishy ----  he is a class of 66 HS graduate if he didn't skip a grade ----- that would make him a class of 70 College grad --- unless he skipped a year ---- add flight training and you see it doesn't work ---- now,  try the 71 time frame and you may have a shot at a 1 tour pilot , but not a two tour as the squadron was shut down before that could happen  --- just sayin'
Mike Dobson (ROH)

Re: Anyone recall a Seawolf Pilot LTJG Joe Griffin?

Bear
Sounds like he really needs to get to the VA.  Serious case of CRS.

R/Bear

Re: Anyone recall a Seawolf Pilot LTJG Joe Griffin?

bill Rutledge
We only had 1 two tour pilot and it wasnt him

Re: Anyone recall a Seawolf Pilot LTJG Joe Griffin?

Rick Meussner
Maybe we should give him the "Benefit Of Doubt"

Re: Anyone recall a Seawolf Pilot LTJG Joe Griffin?

Dick Barr
I would have been there during that time frame and do not know anybody by that name. as other have stated, the numbers don't add up.

Re: Anyone recall a Seawolf Pilot LTJG Joe Griffin?

Rick Meussner
Hey Dick,

Good to see you're still hangin in there. Going to Dallas??, Trying to rustle up a good bunch of Det-3 guys, As to this guy, As I said - give him the benefit of Doubt - I Doubt he's a Wolf.

Re: Anyone recall a Seawolf Pilot LTJG Joe Griffin?

Michael La Bella (ROH)
I don't recall the name, heck he be a young pilot,,but look at Mustang, he was about the only one that has a record of fast advancement, another wannabee  hell, I can at least remember all the squadrons and duty stations I was attached to, and I have a big dose of CRS  :)

Re: Anyone recall a Seawolf Pilot LTJG Joe Griffin?

Dan Arnes
I honestly didn't think anyone would remember. My HA(L)-3 records have not been proven wrong yet except for one or two guys who showed up during the last days in March before disestablishment, but they were remembered by others and nothing at all added up with this one...but had to give him the "benefit of the doubt".

He does now have a Seawolf patch on his new flight jacket though...

Dan