2014 reunion

Jeff Arballo

Thank you to the Seawolves Association for having our crew at the 2014 reunion.
Joe Crutcher, my father in law, first introduced me to the Seawolves at the Midway ceremony, where the documenting of the incredible stories of the Seawolves began. So a huge thank you to Joe for bringing the documentary idea to life and introducing us to the Seawolves family. Thanks also to Gary and Barb Ely, who put the documentary into motion and hired us on to shoot the reunion, setting us up in a perfect situation and for all their help introducing us to so many amazing people.  Thanks to Mike Dobson who agreed as President to let us take on the documentary of the Seawolves and for his guidance of interviews at the reunion. To my wife Shannon Crutcher Arballo who was the one that first suggested that her dad would really appreciate if we took video cameras to the Midway ceremony Five years ago and make a video, thank you.
Special thanks to all the Seawolves who made us part of your family and for sharing your amazing, heart felt stories. It was a truly amazing five days and we couldn't have asked for more. I want to thank my wife again and Ken DeWoody who put in tireless hours for 5 days. On Saturday morning we started our first interview at 7:00 am continuing to the pictures at the banquet then finishing our last interview at 2:00 a.m. then the Interviews continued at 6:00 a.m. Sunday morning. As a director I couldn't have asked for more.

We hope we do you justice in telling your stories and continuing the legacy of the Seawolves.  Thank you again for sharing your stories. You have our deepest respect and admiration.

Thank you

Jeff Arballo
Arballo Entertainment
jarballo24@msn.co
760-809-4558

Re: 2014 reunion

Gary Hamel
Thanks Jeff for taking on this project..

Re: 2014 reunion

Michael La Bella (ROH)
Jeff,
Michael talked to me about your project, I think it is fantastic,,, I do have a pretty large amount of 8mm and slides ect that I have gathered over the last 6 years, and now am compiling them into a dvd set (6 so far going on 7) to turn over to the small stores for sale to put into the seawolf funds. I will be more than happy to give the captured film in either avi or mpeg, most of it is in 720x480 dvd quality, due to the timing and square frame, couldn't push it higher, due to the stretching I used modified projectors with speed capabilities, firewire digital and frame speed on the camera,  and I replaced the projector bulb with adjustable brightness led lights so there is no burn in the middle and flesh glare. not the 6 thousand dollar set of frame by frame,  capture, but the flicker is almost non existent. my best email that I always check is takimno1@charter.net  I hope this helps alittle, sorry I couldn't go to the reunion, but sometimes the health puts the brakes on that.

thank you for your interest in doing the documentary

Michael
You've never lived until you almost died, for those who fight for it
freedom has a flavor the protected will never Know!

Re: 2014 reunion

Joe Crutcher
 To my Son -In-Law Jeff , my Daughter Shannon and our Seawolf Friend Ken DeWoody , I want to take a moment to respond to your very Heartfelt message to the Seawolves.
 I want to give you a thank you , on behalf of the Seawolves , for undertaking this project.
You are correct , alot of people have been convinced that  our story must be told. I know your hearts have been captured by the Seawolves but I also know that this has become a very patriotic endevor for you. Thank you for Honoring us through this documentary,
Another thank you for having the Historical vison and believing that our Legacy needs to be preserved.
As we Seawolves leave this planet , one by one headed for higher ground , it would be a real tragety to  leave our story behind and have all the Seawolves , thier bravery , accomplishments and thier patriotic devotion to our countrys' calling forgotten. I know you believe , as I do , that these are a great group of guys whose voices should and shall be heard forever, through your documentary.
As you continue to work on the documentary , I will simply say, just follow your heart where it leads, do your best and let History take care of the rest.

Love You Guys
DAD

Re: 2014 reunion

Mike Dobson
Jeff, Shannon, and Ken     With all the time you spent in the interview room, you missed a lot of the reunion, but you did make the good parts, and I'm confident that your efforts will now produce a lasting testament of the bravery and dedication of this true "band of Brothers -- The HAL-3 Seawolves" .   Thanks to you Jeff, and your fine crew for taking on this task !      Mike

Re: 2014 reunion

Shannon Crutcher Arballo
Hi Dad,
Your response to Jeff's post meant more to us than you know. I am proud to be your daughter, the daughter of a Seawolf and Jeff is just as proud to be your son-n-law.
Before we went to Dallas we had no idea what to expect. We had hoped that we would be welcomed by everyone and that your brothers would want to speak with us, but it was simply our hope. Already having a good idea of what made the Seawolves so unique, we wondered if some would feel their stories were to private or personal to share. Even though I am your daughter I worried that some might not want to speak to me, a girl, about some if their personal experiences.

As you know we spent 4 days in Dallas and had the privilege and honor of capturing so many stories on film. Clearly, we were welcomed with open arms and felt nothing but acceptance and friendliness.  I'll never forget how sad I was though on Saturday night when it became clear that we were simply running out if time, yet there must have been 20 other Seawolves that wanted to sit with us. It was so hard for me to schedule interview times as some interviews lasted 10 minutes while others lasted much longer. We knew that this was an opportunity for whoever was siting in front if the camera to share what was most important to them and it simply would have been wrong for us to rush the process. My hope is that everyone understands this and that we did our best.

In one of Jeff and I's quiet moments alone we talked about the valor, bravery and brotherhood that describes the Sealwolf and how this film will be the most meaningful film he will ever make.  The stories that were shared made us laugh, made us cry and gave us a much deeper understanding and appreciation for the deep bond you all have with one another.

We are truly grateful for this opportunity. The stories and experience will forever be etched our hearts. As you said in your message, we will follow our hearts.

Jeff wanted to thank you also for the response to his post.

Xoxo
Shannon