superbowl

Bill Jessup
             I love this one and agree with it 100% !

Concerning  Superbowl Sunday:

From a Marine Corps Colonel in  Afghanistan:

"So with all the kindness I can muster, I give this one  piece of advice to the next pop star who is asked to sing the national anthem at  a sporting event: save the vocal gymnastics and the physical gyrations for your  concerts. Just sing this song the way you were taught to sing it in kindergarten  - straight up, no styling. "Sing it with the constant awareness that there are  soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines watching you from bases and outposts all  over the world. Don't make them cringe with your self-centered ego  gratification. Sing it as if you are standing before a row of 86-year-old WWII  vets wearing their Purple Hearts, Silver Stars and flag pins on their cardigans  and you want them to be proud of you for honoring them and the country they love  - not because you want them to think you are a superstar musician. They could  see that from your costume, makeup and your entourage. Sing 'The Star Spangled  Banner' with the courtesy and humility that tells the audience that it is about  America, not you. And please remember, not everything has to be sung as  a black spiritual. We're getting a little weary of that. Francis Scott Key  does not need any help." Semper Fi !

Re: superbowl

Ron Hamilton
Likewise, I also agree 100%

Re: superbowl

..tank's for post Bill...right on Marine.!!

Re: superbowl

bill rutledge
the Marine is correct , but the way we are headed there will be NO military, it will be the Super Bowl of Soccer, and the call to Evening Prayers sing by a terrorist

Re: superbowl

Gene sjoberg
   I am apalled at the lack of respect shown by the Professional atheletes when the NATIONAL ANTHEM is sung..  No hand over the heart no tears of Gratitude only swaying talking to each other.  What is their Draft status?  Do they make appearances or go on tour with the USO?  ALI did and he is a muslim..

Re: superbowl

Mike Burns
Don't get me started on what I think about professional athletes and superstars.