dejavu all over again

Paul Albertine
Considering the current headlines, I was remembering where I was in 75 during the fall of Saigon....I had been working bridge construction on new US 36 just west of champaign illinois in a town so small it only had 1 bar...Illiopolis?  ...sitting in a bar drinking a PBR watching the BS on TV. ..felt really bad, then I looked at the bar tender...tears running down her cheeks, had lost somebody in that war.....   a few people sat in dumbfounded silence...   was not a fun day

Re: dejavu all over again

kid purington
..yeah, dejavu it be,...i recall, the many times i had talks with South Vietnam folks, (friends) concerning the after-mess that would come when the americans pulled out of the Nam, sum had good faith their gov-ment and Armies would prevail.....i often wonder about them and wished them a life....know'n..Americans go, VC come..........seems we all are doomed to repeat-repeat history.....is anyone really "shocked"...i ain't, just sad for the children having to live a suck-ass life under sum-ones BS ideas, i still hear their laughter as we sat on the bank of the Song-on-Doc river catch'n catfish and gett'n stuck by fish barb's,..should have been there yourself, i still laugh out loud, as them kids was so protective of me, not want'n me to get hurt by take'n a  wigglee fish of the hook....hell, i too was just a "kid" with a free-sixty..."where do the children play?"

Re: dejavu all over again

kid purington