You gotta love it ......

Jim Joyce
Just when you think it can't get any worse, a friend just sent out an article from a newspaper (name cut off) dated June 30, 2014 which basically says (I'll paraphrase) that "several Native American groups" have protested the Navy and Coast Guard use of "Chief" as well as DOD use of "Apache", "Tomahawk", etc. to name weapons and aircraft. Supposedly DOD is looking closely at the complaint and is considering several alternatives such as "Navy Sergeant First", "Navy Sergeant Second", and "Navy Sergeant Elitist" to replace chief, senior chief, and master chief. Supposedly the term chief will no longer be tolerated since it is racially offensive and insensitive.

Suspecting this might be another internet tale I checked around and found another article stating an issue has been raised regarding the names of helicopters, weapons, and operations like Geronimo but I couldn't find anything about chiefs. If that becomes true I wonder if we will then have a Commander in Sergeant, Sergeant of Staff, and Sergeant Engineer? Maybe corporations will be forced to change to Sergeant Executive Officer.

I would hope it is only fluff that will go away but you never know with this administration and President.

Re: You gotta love it ......

Gene sjoberg
   The word(CHIEF) is used in the BIBLE as far back as GENESIS and does not refer to North American Natives so let them Get Over It.

Re: You gotta love it ......

kid purington
..i myself ,,shall call one and all,,"dic'hed"...everyone (male gender),,"girls, get your own"..shall stand equal togather be-4 one another in my relm,,which i lay claim upon ground under my feet to a reasonable flexible point sumwhere "all" around meself...so if yah see me coming yah better step aside a-lotta men didn't and,,,whoa,,sorry got carried about here,,great song don't you agree.."Chief"...Webster says..leader...Gene,,who will splice your chigger butt,,says it goes way back..Hey,,"that's pretty swell for me."

"i shall fight for your rights,,cause i did/do,,just don't be mess'n with mine cause i enjoy my Freedom..!"

Re: You gotta love it ......

Dan Arnes
Give me a Break!

Article Jim was talking about

Re: You gotta love it ......

Michael La Bella (ROH)
worlds going fricking crazy hey what?

Re: You gotta love it ......

Gene sjoberg
   Rank-Rate  there is a difference .  Niitt picken.