We Lost another Seawolf & LIFE Member of Association

We Lost another Seawolf & LIFE Member of Association

Dan Arnes
I was just notified of his obituary from my search engine at ObitMessengerTM.

LIFE Member Seawolf Billy Mac NEWBERRY, AT3, Maintenance, Binh Thuy, 11/26/1970 to 3/8/1972.

BILLY MAC NEWBERRY, passed away at his Sugar Land home in the company of his family on March 16, 2014, at the age of 66. Bill was born on May 27, 1947, in Cedar Hill, Tennessee, to Herman & Gladys Newberry. A veteran of the Vietnam War, he served aboard the USS America and was a member of the US Navy's Strike Fighter Squadron 82 and Helicopter Attack Squadron 3. He received his Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Physics from the University of Tennessee in 1976. Following a co-op at NASA where he received a Wernher von Braun Suggestion Award, Bill began work as a field engineer with Schlumberger in Shreveport, Louisiana. He remained with Schlumberger for the rest of his career, over thirty years, holding a variety of positions across Texas, notably in data interpretation and application engineering. He was recognized as an expert in geologic image processing and interpretation and holds a patent on methods for determining permeability of carbonates from geologic imaging and wireline logs. He was an avid world traveler and accomplished cook. Bill's family and friends were always his chief source of joy and pride in life. He is survived by Rose, his wife of thirty years; his sons, Robert and Benjamin; and his brother Dewey.

In lieu of flowers, we ask that donations be made to  St. Jude Children's Research Hospital .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just spoke with his wife Rose, and Billy passed away from an aggressive colon cancer diagnosed only 2 1/2 weeks before his death, but he was able to see his sons before passing. She said he just received another award (after he passed) from Schlumberger in Shreveport, Louisiana where he worked above.

Billy was cremated and is tentatively scheduled for internment in the National Veteran's Cemetery in Houston, TX on 4/12/14. She will keep me updated in case of change.

Houston National Cemetery
Also known as: Veterans Memorial Cemetery
10410 Veterans Memorial Drive
Houston
Harris County
Texas  USA
Postal Code: 77038
Phone: (281) 447-8686

Dan

Got another email...she had the dates confused...

I'm sorry, we requested MAY 12, 2014 at 11am for Bill's interment.  The rest of the information is correct.  Sorry for any confusion.

Dan

Re: We Lost another Seawolf & LIFE Member of Association

Mike Dobson
And another Seawolf passes to the other side. Keep the coffee hot shipmate, the time is drawing near when we will all be together again !      Let's get Seawolves in attendance of last services !
Mike Dobson (ROH)

Re: We Lost another Seawolf & LIFE Member of Association

dave johnson
RIP brother may God watch over you and your family

Re: We Lost another Seawolf & LIFE Member of Association

...Rest Easy Seawolf...

..Prayer said.

Re: We Lost another Seawolf & LIFE Member of Association

Frog
RIP Seawolf

Re: We Lost another Seawolf & LIFE Member of Association

Bear
RIP  Brother.  We will all meet again.

Respectfully,
Bear