To the webmaster......

Howard Jacobs
Rick... I'm sure you've must have seen my question about the scuttlebutt section that was removed. Do you have an answer about why it was removed and if it will be back on the site?

Also.... are you working on a section for Sealords?

Re: To the webmaster......

Rick Racich
Administrator
Hey Howard,

Hope this finds you well.

So here's the scuttlebutt on the scuttlebutt... That was entirely Ed's baby, and Ed's basically closed out all of his hosted accounts and handed off to me. Scuttlebutt, in essence, became a dead link... so I removed the link to the dead link. I never used it, never knew what it was for, and never understood the need for another forum.

The scuttlebutt architecture itself was no more than another forum, hosted by Nabble. Nabble is in and of itself, obsolete coding, and no longer being supported and not financially viable. I was able to get a reprieve from the hosts of Nabble for a short time, until we can get a new forum built through our current website. They allowed me one forum to keep running for a few short months, after which it will all be going bye, bye.

I have been looking into the best method to accomplish building a new forum out. I still work full time and teach college part time, so my time is somewhat limited.

On the Sealord section... I can add anything folks want. I have a few pictures, but that's it. If you'd like to send content (text, stories, photos), let me know and I'll send you a DROPBOX link to a folder to upload it all to. From there, I can download it all at once to my local drive, and get it added to the site.

Will you be going to Branson? I know it's sort of touch and go with Covid, but I'm all set to be there. I'll buy you a beer!

Rick

Re: To the webmaster......

Howard Jacobs
Thanks for the reply... I have some pics of Sealords... you should reach out to the others and anyone else that may have some.   When the time comes send me what I need to send the pics that I have with any instructions.

Not attending reunion.... I haven't had the shot and don't plan on getting it at this time... I don't wear a mask.  I still live my life the way I want to.  It's just my choice..

Re: To the webmaster......

Rick Racich
Administrator
Howard,

Here's a link to a folder I set up in my DROPBOX account specifically for your photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/97f2eibjv125smx/AADB48fEgJI8zMlTpZ7nHVRRa?dl=0

You should be able to click on the link, access the folder and literally drag and drop any image files you want posted.

Let me know if you experience any difficulties.

Rick