Seawolf Jimmie Arthur Truex, West Virginia passed away

Seawolf Jimmie Arthur Truex, West Virginia passed away

Dan Arnes
Administrator
While updating all Seawolf Awards, I discovered that Seawolf Jimmie Arthur TRUEX, AO2, Gunner, Dets 3 & 8, 5/8/1968 to 12/1/1969 passed away on 9 May 2017.

Jimmie Truex Obituary

Jimmie's awards from HA(L)-3 were:
2 Distinguished Flying Crosses;
5 Air Medal-Individual Action;
28 Air Medal-Strike/Flight;
Navy Unit Commendation;
Vietnam Service Medal (w/6 stars);
Republic of Vietnam Meritorious Unit Citation (Gallantry);
Republic of Vietnam Meritorious Unit Citation (Civil Actions);
Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal;
and the Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross (Individual Award).
Jimmie transferred to the USS INDEPENDENCE (CVA-62).

Re: Seawolf Jimmie Arthur Truex, West Virginia passed away

kid purington
                                 ...Rest in Peace Seawolf....

Re: Seawolf Jimmie Arthur Truex, West Virginia passed away

Russell
Truex was POIC at Det 8 when I went out there.   I was an e2 and was lost.  He took time with me and got me on course.   I've thought of him often over the years.  He really had it together.

Rest in peace Brother.