Searching for Record of Kenneth R. Taylor

Searching for Record of Kenneth R. Taylor

Dennis Taylor
This post was updated on .
Hello Gentlemen!

I am a retired (2013) Army pilot. I went to flight training in 1977 and flew Hueys and Chinooks and then followed on with an aeromedical career. My father, Kenneth Ray Taylor, was U.S. Navy and died in 1995. Upon his death I received from him the following HAL-3 items:

A Helatkltron-3 patch
A Zippo lighter with HAL-3 logo and inscribed with "Viet Nam 69-70"
A glass mug with HAL-3 and Seawolves logos.
I also received a pewter mug inscribed with "AMSC K. R. Taylor, HS-8, June 1970 - July 1972". It has a crest that states "Helicopter Capital Imperial Beach NAS".

We were somewhat estranged during my teen and early adult years and he passed before we had the opportunity to discuss his career. I would very much like to know if he was actually a member of the Seawolves and how he served. I believe he was likely a maintainer.

Thank you for your amazing service, gentlemen!

With deepest respect,

Dennis L. Taylor
CW4 U.S. Army (Retired)
mutthut@gmail.com

Re: Searching for Record of Kenneth R. Taylor

Dan Arnes
Administrator
Thank you for posting Dennis,

You and your Brother Vaughn had found me some time ago on Facebook and talked about your Dad.
He had reported to us from NAS Imperial Beach, CA and Yes your Dad was a Seawolf 7/28/1969-5/18/1970, and he was in Maintenance, receiving the Navy Achievement Medal (With Combat V), and transferred to HS-8 at NAS Imperial Beach, CA after he left us.

Name: Kenneth Ray Taylor
Award Date: 23 Aug 1970
Type of Medal: Navy Achievement Medal (With Combat V)
Military Unit: 06821 (HAL-3)
Military Regiment: Fleet
Military Service Branch: Navy
Action: Meritorious
Office: Enlisted
Awarded By: Commander Naval Forces Vietnam

Not sure if I passed these links to you back then:

Navy Together We Served

Find A Grave

Dan

Re: Searching for Record of Kenneth R. Taylor

Dennis Taylor
Hey Dan!

I remember talking with you but I thought at the time you weren't certain. Thanks for verifying! I'm proud of his service!

Sadly, Vaughn passed away in 2018 of cancer.

I hope you've been well!

Dennis