Seal Friendly Fire Incident Aug 19, 1968 Det 3 Fireteam

Seal Friendly Fire Incident Aug 19, 1968 Det 3 Fireteam

Michael Petersen
I was the co-pilot on the lead aircraft when the Seals called for help that night.  When we landed we did not know about the friendly fire incident until the next morning.  Are there any members of either aircraft that could clarify how many wounded seals were put on board and evacuated to Dong Tam Army Hospital.  Appreciate any info...Sincerely, Mike Petersen

Re: Seal Friendly Fire Incident Aug 19, 1968 Det 3 Fireteam

Dan Arnes
Mike, I'm attaching a snapshot of a Navforv1968-08 Report, Page 7, 20 Aug 1968 Friendly Fire Incident that may be what you are looking for. Not much detail to help you...

Find A Grave Link CWO Eugene Sanford Tinnin, SEAL Team 1

More info: More Info on the Incident

Dan

Re: Seal Friendly Fire Incident Aug 19, 1968 Det 3 Fireteam

kid purington
  Good deal Dan, I had followed Mike's question and came upon your posted info also. Was hoping some Wolf would answer because the report did not. And Mike, maybe posting question on facebook Wolf site would get an answer, I believe SEAL's check it out more so than here. (?)

P.S.  Agree with Lee"  scuttlebutt rubbed out....

Re: Seal Friendly Fire Incident Aug 19, 1968 Det 3 Fireteam

LTWALTHER2
Dan, Mike, and Kid:
Here is a link to a photo of CWO(SEAL) Gene Tinnin, Juliett PLT ST1 burial at sea.

https://navysealmuseum.pastperfectonline.com/photo/76CA24A7-1CE1-4B19-8CF8-125506231254

r/
TED WALTHER
VA Beach, VA

Re: Seal Friendly Fire Incident Aug 19, 1968 Det 3 Fireteam

Dan Arnes
Administrator
CWO Eugene Sanford Tinnin also posthumously received the Bronze Star Medal (With Combat V) and the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal.