Scam

Lee Hicks
The last couple of weeks I've been getting email's from someone stating they are the scam team from American Express and someone has been trying to access my american express account on line from a differant computer. They want me to re fill out a form attached to the email with all of my information or I will loose my internet account.
Needless to say it's a scam. I called American Express and the person I spoke with asked if an outline of American Express card was anywhere on the email or form and I stated no. He said American express emails would have that and give a phone number to call if there was a problem. I formarded the email to spoof@americanexpress.com and was told to delete all emails. Just wanted to let everyone know. I NEVER PUT THAT TYPE OF INFO ON A FORM FOR ANYONE ON LINE!

Re: Scam

Paul Albertine
There is another going around for cell phones.  Companies have set up computers to dials thousands of numbers all at once but only allow it to ring once.  User sees the number in his log and calls it back, wondering who the he'll just called and is it important.  The return call will be answered by a computer and they will bill you $9.99....which I guess is some legal threshold.  If it happens call your carrier and they will take it off your bill.