SEAWOLF 321 (RECREATION/TRIBUTE HELO)

TED WALTHER
Mike;
You guys know better than most, if flying machines don't stay flying, thy begin to break and fall apart. This Bird needs to stay in the air as long as possible, not go to a museum as a dust catcher. I read some of your brothers Facebook comments. This bird would look absolutely wonderful flying at a UDT/SEAL Reunion! I have passed on the info: https://www.warhistoryonline.com/military-vehicle-news/huey.html
To Fort Pierce, as they had a static UH-1B painted as SEAWOLF 312, displayed outside. This Helo was severely damaged in one of the storms a few years ago. They have been looking for a replacement. Say so prayers and keep your fingers crossed.
Take care,
TED

Re: SEAWOLF 321 (RECREATION/TRIBUTE HELO)

Mike Dobson
If it goes to Ft Pierce, and I hope it does,  it should be in a building this time or it will suffer the same fate .  Rode in it myself --- it took me back to "the Days"
Mike Dobson (ROH)

Re: SEAWOLF 321 (RECREATION/TRIBUTE HELO)

Mike Connelly
I flew with Mike Dodson and Bill Ruthledge in 321 in 2009. At that time it had a tail boom with 711 on it. Pat  Rogers,the pilot, told me the tail boom was a Seawolf tail boom as there were signatures of some maintenance personnel in side the tail boom. I got the Bureau No. from Pat and I had 11 flights with that tail boom in Vietnam.
Small World.

Re: SEAWOLF 321 (RECREATION/TRIBUTE HELO)

Mark McGregor
What serial number did the tail boom come from?

Re: SEAWOLF 321 (RECREATION/TRIBUTE HELO)

Mike Connelly
Mark
836711 is the Bureau No. I had 3 flights in it in Nov. of 68 and 8 flights in March of 69