Run For The Wall & Rolling Thunder

Rick Meussner
3 Seawolves will be leaving the New England area on about April 28th heading first South, to Gainesville, GA, then West. We’ll pick up a rider or two in Georgia

After Gainesville, GA we’ll head northwest (flexi-route) via Nashville - St. Louis then on to Denver and meet more wolves in the Denver Area. The route to Denver could be modified to pick up any riders who want to come along.

Thinking about taking U.S. Route 50 across Missouri & Kansas, instead of I-70, planning to stop in Wichita or Old Dodge City – Any comments ?

Our route to CA from Denver is via several National Parks in Colorado & Utah with planned stops in Fallon & Reno, Nevada. Then on To Cottonwood, (Friday) for the Mother’s Day rodeo parade on Saturday, May 10th with Seawolf American Legion Post 746.  On May 11th, after Mother’s Day Breakfast, we will Run to L.A. (Rancho Cucamonga)

On our way west from Denver we’ll stop – Silt CO, Moab UT, Ely NV, Reno, NV, Cottonwood, CA, Rancho, Cucamonga, (Some guys will ride down to San Diego/Chula Vista, CA then back to Rancho Cucamonga) then on to RFTW.

Some folks may want to do RFTW “part –way”, like maybe from San Diego/ L.A. to Phoenix or Las Cruces; from Dallas to Monroe or Meridian; or from Chattanooga or Wytheville on in to D.C. – LOTs of OPTIONS!

Most of our Seawolf group will ride RFTW Southern Route – which leaves Rancho Cucamonga on May 14th. With Stops in Phoenix AZ, Las Cruces NM, Odessa TX, Grand Prairie, (Dallas) TX, Monroe LA, Meridian MS, Chattanooga TN, Wytheville VA Lynchburg VA & Arlington, VA. Arriving on Friday. May 23.

Rolling Thunder is on Sunday, May 25 after which We’ll go to Virginia Beach, Little Creek & Norfolk for Memorial Day Ceremonies at Virginia Beach and Little Creek followed by a visit with HSC-84 Red Wolves at NS Norfolk.

Added thought - Some don’t like the idea of riding in formation for long distances.  Could be you might want to see more, (while riding), than the bike directly in front of you. Well, last year, some riders opted to ride either in front of or behind the parade formation, and meeting with the main group at way-points and end points.  This is a great option. I’d suggest riding a bit in platoon and riding out front. (this provides the rider with the benefit of having support from the RFTW chase vehicles should the need arise, whereas the support would not be available if the rider is behind the main group).

Another point – Last year we had so many cages along on the run such that there was a “platoon” of 4-wheelers behind the Official Support vehicles on RFTW. This is available to those of you who want to do RFTW and don’t want to ride.

There are many volunteers needed to help out along the way in both riding and non-riding positions.  Most, (not all), of the riding positions require that the rider had been “All the Way” at least once – These include Road Guard, Platoon Leaders, Tail Gunners, Chaplains, Advance – Staging & Fuel Teams. The non-riding positions include helping out in the Chase Trucks, Merchandise Sales, Registration and Hydration.

RFTW -- 2, 3 & 4 wheel vehicles welcome – We ride for those who can’t!

Mission Statement: To promote healing among ALL veterans and their families and friends, to call for an accounting of all Prisoners of War and those Missing in Action (POW/MIA), to honor the memory of those Killed in Action (KIA) from all wars, and to support our military personnel all over the world.
Philosophy: We strive to maintain a safe, supportive and private atmosphere in which all participants can reflect and heal on their journey to the Vietnam Memorial in Washington, D.C. in the hope that they can return home to a new beginning.
Goals:
1. To guide the participants across America.
2. To educate future generations as to the importance of accountability in wartime actions emphasizing that no one should be left behind.