ROH and Patriots Point Update

Barry Solomon
I have been in contact with Patriots Point and it seems that things are beginning to move in the right direction.  I was told that the date that the date for having the ROH back up is D-Day (June 6th).  My contact started doing some digging after our last conversation and he has found the information for the large poster graphics that we use at the ROH Induction plus a lot of other useful info for the induction.  An account for the ROH was also found that had $4,000.00 in it.  This money will be used to help digitized the ROH.  I was told that a company will be selected very soon to start the process of digitizing the display.  As soon as I get a list of the info that is needed for each person, I will get with Lee Hicks to go through all of the records to gather it.  This will be required for every person on the ROH, not just the Seawolves.
The early design is out for the Naval Support Base and it looks real good.  The helo is to be moved so that it is the first think that is seen as you enter.  Plans are to raise it 4-6 ft off the ground.  The new Support Base will not look anything like the old one.
There are big plans for our KIA Monument.  Patriots Point want to use it plus another monument they have that honors the KIA’s from the Charleston area to anchor a Memorial Park that will have a Vietnam Wall.  I was told that the monument will be moved professionally and with respect.
As I receive more info, I will keep you updated.

Barry

Re: ROH and Patriots Point Update

Gary Ely
Bravo Zulu Barry....
Keep us informed.

Re: ROH and Patriots Point Update

Howard Jacobs
Great job Barry!  I know it's been one tuff road getting to this point and it's greatly appreciated.

Re: ROH and Patriots Point Update

..Thanks for your post Barry.!

..I know a few wolfs who deserve ROH.....now have sum encouragement for them to proceed forward...

Re: ROH and Patriots Point Update

Bob Reynolds ROH
Barry, that is great news ! Any plans to have a board review and induction soon? I have 10 guys submitted with one passing away recently. I would be the contact for the VO-67 folks as far as any information for a digitized display. Had I great time seeing Bill Rutledge and a bunch of other Wolves on the USS Midway on Memorial Day. My wife and I stopped for dinner on the way home and someone picked up our check. Was wearing my colors.  I was a little embarrassed as I am still above ground. Some folks just get confused but I think they are just trying to do the right thing especially with the VA thing going on. I do a lot of thinking about the 20 VO-67 lost everyday.

In Brotherhood.

Re: ROH and Patriots Point Update

Barry Solomon
Bob, I not sure , I need to get intouch with Lee Hicks.  He is the head of the ROH and will have to make that call.  I know that Patriots Point is planning some big things for Veteras Day so we will probably have to find a differet time. I can't commit my time right now until I have my doctors appointment in a few weeks to find out when I am going to have eye surgery.  I know that it is going to keep me from the reunion because I can't reserve a hotel room or even book a flight because it suppose to be during the end of August or the first part of September.

Re: ROH and Patriots Point Update

Frank Gale
Thanks Barry, It sure sounds like things are turning around for the best over there. Thanks for all you have done to keep the ROH and more importantly the memorial as a priority for the administration at PP.

Frank

Re: ROH and Patriots Point Update

David Smale
Tenacity and Veracity are our friend. Thanks for your efforts Barry--it would be so easy to just let it go but you have not. You have our appreciation.