Plank owner suggestion/help

Rev. Don Poole
I have had this idea in the back of my mind for some time and may have mentioned in the past, but still have a desire to take a shot at it......
    I would like to make a small plaque for each plank owner of the squadron with their name/rank/etc and included on that plaque a "piece" of the squadron. Tradition has it that plank owners in the past, when the ship was decommissioned were provided or could gain a piece of the ship.....as we have no "ship" to access, I was hoping I could get a sizable piece of one of our actual birds....cut that piece into smaller sections and attach them to the plaque....noting the serial number of the bird if possible.   The idea here is for each plank owner to have a "piece of the ship" as it were that could be displayed in their den or home or the like.   There would be no cost to the individuals who are plank owners.....and the only need I have is proof of plank owner status, name, address (for shipping).  The rest will be up to me....making the plaques, brass plates and the like.
  My only problem is that I have no 'piece of a ship' to use for this project.  I don't know how many plank owners we have on roster (and if deceased, family members) who could have a plaque.
   It is my gift to my brothers in arms.....something I should have done years ago, but got side-tracked with life.......so....if you know how I might get a sizeable chunk of a bird (or several small pieces from more than one), that would be the first task.  Secondly, gaining a list of plank owners still present, and families of plank owners who would like a plaque. I am one of those plank owners and hope this will be a workable thing.  You can e-mail me about this.   D. Poole  Thanks and blessings to all

Re: Plank owner suggestion/help

Mike Dobson
a monster undertaking Don --- but a great idea ---- actual bird parts might be aquired from Pat Rogers in Murrietta Ca from a bird he has been working on --- there may be wrecked parts -- "Skin for instance" ---- he might have some
Mike Dobson (ROH)