Our squadron records

Lee Hirschel
Was just wondering if there has been any change in the status of all the squadron records stored in conex box? I know a number of years ago someone had limited access and kind of had to be looking for specific items. We were told that much of it is classified, I would think that it is now 50 years after the war, how much could be there that would actually still be relevant? Just wondering.

Our squadron records

Dan Arnes
Administrator
13 years ago, I discovered a link to 607 Boxes of Vietnam Archive Records (Inclusive Dates: 1965-1972)
These links have since been removed.

https://www.history.navy.mil/content/dam/nhhc/research/archives/research-guides-and-finding-aids/electronic-finding-aids/official-collections/coll-354.pdf

http://www.history.navy.mil/ar/docs/fa/coll-354.pdf.
~~~~~~~~

The Command Operations Reports page (https://www.history.navy.mil/research/archives/Collections/command-operations-reports.html) now has a Note:

Note to Researchers

The Navy Archives has temporarily removed all Command Operations Reports (CORs) from the NHHC website.

We do not currently have a timeline for how long the CORs will be unavailable.  We recommend checking back regularly starting 1 Aug 2022.  We will update this page with further information as it becomes available.
(Well, so much for Aug 2022!)

Dan

Re: Our squadron records

Lee Hirschel
Thank you Dan for the update.

Re: Our squadron records

JIM fuller
I put in a congressional inquiry with my congressman a few weeks ago.  I’ll keep you up to date on here

Re: Our squadron records

Dan Arnes
Administrator
Thank You Jim!