NCIS Program

Rev. Don Poole
Brothers.....I caught a recent NCIS show about a retired Navy Chief,
who was a supporter of the Naval Museum, and a shot of the museum
showed a Huey hanging from the ceiling, with NAVY on the tail and
what looked like a round logo on the nose door.   Is this a real
image at the real museum?  Just wondered, it would be nice
to know.
Regards and Blessings   Rev. Don Poole

Re: NCIS Program

William  "Bill" Wesely
Yes Sir, there is a Huey with our logo.  Had opportunity to visit in June of '16. Also a brief practice session of the Blue Angels.
https://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/aircraft/hh-1k-uh-1-iroquois/

Take Care. Bill Wesely ADJ2 Tracking Crew

Re: NCIS Program

Dan Arnes
Not really our helo, but belonged to HAL-5. On display at National Museum of Naval Aviation, Pensacola, FL and painted as HAL-3 helo with side# 301. (appears to have changed now in this NCIS Sequence to Side# 313)
The Museum's HH-1K, (Bureau Number 157188) flew primarily with HA(L)-5, a Naval Air Reserve squadron supporting SEAL operations, before its retirement in 1989. Though HA(L)-3 did fly the HH-1K in Vietnam, the display helicopter was painted and outfitted with a weapons load to commemorate a Seawolves aircraft.

Dan

Re: NCIS Program

kid purington
This was sent to me awhile back by a Wolf visiting the museum...

Re: NCIS Program

Rev. Don Poole
Thanks guys........when I saw this in the show, it came as a surprise.
Nice to know we are being remembered along the way.
Blessings.   D. Poole

Re: NCIS Program

KLowe
Donn, do you recall the name of the episode or date?

Re: NCIS Program

CDRMB
ONE OF MY AOCS CLASSMATES WAS A BLUE ANGEL IN THE 70s.  HE ARRANGED A GUIDED TOUR OF THE BLUE SPACES BY ONE OF THE BLUES.  HE ALSO SET UP A GUIDED TOUR OF THE MUSEUM BY THE HEAD DOCENT.  WHEN WE GOT TO THE SEAWOLF HELO I TOLD HIM THAT HAL-3 WAS THE MOST DECORATED SQDN IN VN AND HE SEEMED SURPRISED.  I ALSO TOLD HIM THAT 3 OF MY CLASS WERE SEAWOLVES -ME, PAT MCGOVERN AND PUG RUNDIO.  I ALSO SUGGESTED THAT OUR HUEY OUGHT TO HAVE A MORE PROMINENT PLACE IN THE MUSEUM SINCE MANY OF THE EXHIBITS WERE NEVER IN COMBAT.  OBVIOUSLY I HAD NO INFLUENCE :>(

REGARDLESS, IF YOU ARE IN THE P'COLA AREA IT IS WELL WORTH A VISIT.