LST

kid purington

    When Det 6 moved to Phu Loi everyone went , sep me .. I drew the short straw. Soo from the Gulf of Siam the ship sailed up the coast to Vung Tau .. going up the river I was on the bridge looking about .. I new most of ships company so when the Pilot at the helm asked if I wanted to take the helm I jumped at the chance and piloted the hugh ship toward the docking area.. Vung Tau.!!  don't get me started on what happened to me there .   Never got my LST pilot wings .. would have gone remarkable with my Air Medal's.