Just found out we lost another Seawolf in TX

Just found out we lost another Seawolf in TX

Dan Arnes
Administrator
Just found out we lost another Seawolf: Seawolf Leroy (NMN) HERNANDEZ, AE3, Gunner, Det 9, 05/31/1969 to 05/20/1970.
Obituary
Leroy Hernandez, 72, of Canyon Lake, Texas passed away on July 10, 2020 in New Braunfels.  He was born on October 4, 1947 in San Antonio, Texas to Bernabe and Esther B. Hernandez.
He is survived by his wife Evelyn, children; Anthony Hernandez, Christopher Hernandez (Lori), Charlie Hernandez (Crystal), Tracy Mendez (Lucky), Robert Mittelstadt (Justine), Melissa Ferrell, and Austin Mittelstadt, grandchildren and great grandchildren.  He is also survived by his sister, Johanna Hernandez, Niece and nephew BJ and Dallas Hernandez.
He is preceded in death by his parents, son Tony Hernandez, brother and sister Bernabe and Lucy Hernandez.
Lee served in the Navy during the Vietnam war and served over seas. He was part of the HAL 3 helicopter squad while in Vietnam. Later he joined the Army National guard where he earned his Nursing degree as an LVN. He obtained his peace officer certification while working as a nurse at the Comal county Sheriff’s office. He loved working with people and helping them.
He loved his family and always wanted the best for them. He loved to tell jokes and story. He believed laughter was way to connect to family and everyone he knew and met.
A memorial graveside service is scheduled for 2:00 P.M. on Monday, November 23, 2020 at Hill Country Memorial Gardens in New Braunfels.

Obituary/Guestbook