Home but a long road to go yet.

Don Jacobs ROH
I'm sorry I didn't get this out as soon as I got home Friday evening.  I feel completely drained from everything that has been going on the last couple of weeks.  I want to personally thank each and everyone of you for all the thoughts and prayers to get me where I am today.  My medications have been corrected and changed as needed.  The doctors, and nurses at Jefferson Barracks in St. Louis have certainly gained my appreciation, and respect for what they have done for me.  I will still be monitored closely at the Cape Girardeau VA clinic.  I am at the house, but they are watching me to make sure the medicine, and everything keeps me going.  Right now I still have a few problems to work through for about another month.  Once these problems are taken care of all I will have to do is keep myself going in the right direction.  I also want to thank everyone, and especially Craig and Cheryl for helping my great son keep you all informed.  I will be going to Craig and Cheryl's in July.  I will be sending in my sons dues and fees for Dallas in September.  He is positively going to be at the reunion with me, and will get to meet a lot of you, and I think now he is about as excited about going as I am.  Right now my heart is full off love and joy.  My head however is satisfied.  When I told the doctor that all this last week he wondered on Monday but by Thursday evening he new it was true and I wasn't just trying to fool him to get out of there.  My son and I love all of you from the bottom of our hearts, and will see you in Dallas.  THANK YOU ALL

Re: Home but a long road to go yet.

Howard Jacobs
Glad that things got all worked out and you are  home where you will feel much more comfortable to continue to heal. Stay on top of your meds and keep up with all the checkups. I'm glad I got to talk to you to hear your voice and could tell you were doing great. I'm looking forward to seeing you and your son in Dallas.  We'll be talking soon...

Re: Home but a long road to go yet.

Frog
Good to hear you are home and on the way to recovery.

Take Care!
Jim

Re: Home but a long road to go yet.

Lee Hirschel
Don, Glad to hear you are home and things are looking up for you. Keep on top of the meds and listen to the Drs. See ya in Dallas.

Re: Home but a long road to go yet.

Michael La Bella (ROH)
don, I know where you are coming from brother, I have my own dragons, cept they have driven me into seclusion more or less, the Kat intervenes and makes me move on but the monsters are still there, night and day, I have a fantastic doctor, she knows me in and out, and I can get ahold of her any time, Fallon clinic tried to get me to stop going to Reno for my doc, instead they wanted me to do a teleprompter thing over the internet with some strange doctor, I know they all mean well, but,, I told them, "you want me to talk to a monitor,? and what if I just let it go and rip the monitor off the wall? no I will keep my Reno doctor and pay my gas to and from. yup the va said no more mileage since the treatment is offered local,, I said okee dokee, been payin my own way for the last 40 years, I can keep on no biggeee, I love my doctor, and you listen to them real close don, and stay up on your meds,,, you are in good hands. and you have all these brothers and sisters out here holding you up, take time and heal good :)
You've never lived until you almost died, for those who fight for it
freedom has a flavor the protected will never Know!

Re: Home but a long road to go yet.

John Cook
Great seeing you Don.  Can't believe we spent 4 hrs. there.

Re: Home but a long road to go yet.

.."bravo zulu"..Don Jacob's...yah know Seawolf, you are loved by many.!!

Re: Home but a long road to go yet.

Bill Rutledge ROH
Don, glad your home and doing ok, hope everything goes well on your recovery,

Re: Home but a long road to go yet.

dave johnson
Don, Iam glad that you are  home. Like they say there is no place like home. Take care