Gen Hal Moore "We were Soldiers" in Critical condition

Gen Hal Moore "We were Soldiers" in Critical condition

Mike Dobson
I just received this from Barry Waluda .... he doesn't know how to post (needs to get his feet wet - right ?)   this deserves post on our site since, in our own way, we squids are bonded to Hal Moore

LTG Hal Moore

"Received this in a message from a friend today...FYI: Subject: All Vietnam vets - heads-up re Gen Hal Moore Today Cliff stern alerted me LtGen. Hal Moore (Ret) is very ill and not expected to live long. I called Joe Galloway, his best friend, and Joe confirmed, said it broke his heart when he became involved with advance funeral planning with the US Army. Whenever it happens, the funeral is planned for the large Catholic church in Auburn AL (don’t yet know the name or location) and interment will be at the Ft. Benning GA cemetery. The Army Aviation Heritage Foundation is also preparing, perhaps for a flyby, perhaps to fly the casket to Ft. Benning, but I don’t know. Joe said Gen Moore’s family understands that countless Vietnam vets care deeply about the man, and Joe said we all will be welcome at the funeral. I can imagine the cars parked around that church might be more than hundreds in a parking nightmare, and the funeral procession from Auburn AL to Ft. Benning might be the largest ever seen. Maybe I’ll pack sandwiches in a cooler since a crowd that big will clean out every eatery along the way. Joe said keep your eyes and ears open and you’ll hear about the event when Gen Moore passes away and the funeral is scheduled. I am not involved, this is just a heads up in case you want to be one of many to pay your respects when the time comes. Terry Garlock Peachtree City 770-630-6064 --"
Mike Dobson (ROH)

Re: Gen Hal Moore "We were Soldiers" in Critical condition

karlj
We are loosing a great military tactical mind. He was in An Loc in 72 or 73 when the base was attacked. On the DVD look at the interview he gave after the battle where he talks about his men. The man is a legend.

Re: Gen Hal Moore "We were Soldiers" in Critical condition

Lee Hirschel
He and Joe Galloway came out with another book recently "We are soldies still" It is about their return visits to Viet Nam and meeting with the VN Officers that they fought against. I read it and it is a good book. He takes some good jabs at the politicains for losing the war.

Re: Gen Hal Moore "We were Soldiers" in Critical condition

Mike Dobson
OOPS !!  JUST FOUND OUT THE REPORT WAS BOGUS !!   HAL IS NOT DYING !
Mike Dobson (ROH)