Flu shots

P. Albertine
Anyone receiving health care at VA able to find a community healthcare facility listed under VA site for a flu shot?   Called three places today....  Had no clue what I was talking about.  Fellow vet, 100%,  from downstate was told "VA" doesn't pay their bills" and was refused care....   Does anyone have experience with the VA outsourced healthcare?

Re: Flu shots

Dan Arnes
Administrator
I don't have info on VA outsourced healthcare, but I just got my "Extra-Strength" Flu shot at our local hospital drive thru for free. Our VA here is pretty much closed down without an appointment.

Dan

Re: Flu shots

CDRMB
Paul - I think much of the problem with VA payment for outsourced care stems from the use of third party organizations - for example, QTC (not saying QTC is a problem, just familiar with them) - to make appointments with and payments to providers.  Historically that has often been the case.  You request an appointment with VA and then they shift the request to one of their intermediaries like QTC and that organization makes the appointment.  After the service is provided, the doc sends the bill to the intermediary who then either pays the bill or forwards to VA for payment and gets reimbursed by VA for their services.

Hope you and family are staying safe.
MB

Re: Flu shots

gparejko
I'm in Arizona and got mine at Walgreens, high dosage, just gave them my VA card.