Face to face

kid purington
..seeing on the tv Russian soldiers harassment towards Ukraine soldiers,..."Who pulls trigger first.?"
  ...also, wonderful how this great country of ours give 1B to problems affair...good plan..i don't really know.

Re: Face to face

Paul Albertine
read the news and you think this is a total war, bloggers on the ground are saying Russian 'troops' have refused to use violence against the Ukrainian troops that stayed in the barracks...Crimea is 70% ethnic Russian and was Russian for over 200 years till Khrushchev 'gave it' his captive Ukraine...  looking at some maps, geography..whatever, you would have to ask yourself why did KBG chief Putin invade?  he can't get any ships out of the black sea without the entire world allowing him to...gotta go through narrow channels all the way across Turkey....  he has two ice free ports, one in Crimea (Ukraine)  and one in Syria...and we all know how that's going...Russian rouble lost 20% of its value since this started and their banks 'jacked up' interest rates to cover the losses...  Ukraine is littered with abandoned Soviet fighter AC, tanks, guns etc...they are the worlds largest exporter of rebuilt soviet tanks, trucks, AC parts...and Wheat

interesting that not one shot has been fire by russian troops nor Ukrainian troops...in my 'non-military genius' opinion...he FU'd, and didn't realize it till the markets started punishing...the 1% in Russia shops in Paris, sends their kids to school in the UK and the US, and vacations in Florida...US pulls their Visa's and his 1% will pull their cash and send it to Switzerland, just like our 1%...

watch the markets they will show you what the 'real deal is' ...down 150 points yesterday, up 200 today, money men are saying 'minor issue'.... pols are yelling about 'gotta do something', but when asked if that meant sending in troops, planes etc. they all say 'to late', as in 'I don't wanna be blamed'...

lastly, the cynic in me is saying, we are cutting crap out of the defense budget, costing a lot of senators, governors, congressmen on both sides of the isle to yell 'gotta spend more on military'...

Re: Face to face

kid purington
..From my observation..western-educated thought processes are such that we struggle to resolve the contradicition or reduce dissonance, because if we don't, we will live in a state of psychological discomfort. As a result, cognitive dissonance acts as a motivating force. Soviets do not think in the same way. They do not struggle with cognitive dissonance. They are trained by their ideology to struggle with the concept, "always two possibilities", and even though they may stand in opposition to one another, both can be accepted, both can even be followed. Soviets trained to this dualistic thinking are accustomed to living with both....Putin, witness to weak America,  struggles in, Bengazi, Syria, North Korea, list goes on..Perhaps Putin wishes to be a Russian "who changes the world"....who yah gonna call.?

..Paul once again your post is enlighten, a pleasure to read.

Re: Face to face

Paul Albertine
You have a great sense of humor....totally appreciated