Det 6 "Pappy"

Re: Det 6 "Pappy"

Jim Plona
Pappy was kind, caring , helpful, empathetic, sometimes expressive (oh you didn't want to piss him off) and fearless.  He will never be forgotten!

Jim Plona

Re: Det 6 "Pappy"

Mike Dobson
"Pappy" was a true Det POIC ---- a leader whose words were true, and deads were the type that future leaders, that served under him, would use as a guide to excellence .  Thanks Pappy
Mike Dobson (ROH)

Re: Det 6 "Pappy"

Dan Stokes
Pappy had the remarkable ability to take an eclectic band of over enthusiastic misfit youngsters and turn them into an effective battle unit. Mentor to both pilot and gunner, his quiet demeanor and calm, determined  response to threat, instilled a measured resolve within those fortunate to have been under his watchful eye.
I am certain that his spirit guided me then, and I got to come home.
Somewhere, one less eagle calls for freedom on this side.
Rest in peace, walk with a tall shadow in a gentle light, warrior.
We will remember your name.
Dan Stokes