Dana Haggett

Mike Haggett
To all Seawolve Veterans-

It is with great sadness today, that a decorated Seawolve Vietnam Veteran has passed away-  A Father who volunteered to serve his country and served as a door gunner from 1968-1969.  Awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross in 1969 for heroism.  Also awarded a few Air Medals for fire support.  My Dad was a role model for me to go into military service for over 22 years.  I have always thought the word "Hero" was only designated to our fallen, but my Dad was a true Hero-  RIP Dad-

Petty Officer 1st Class Dana L. Haggett

Hometown-  Northfield, VT

Re: Dana Haggett

kid purington
..Mike, thank you for post'n.

    May you father/seawolf    "rest easy" indeed a Hero..

                                                               Det-6 gunner/kid

Re: Dana Haggett

Mike Dobson
Mike , The Seawolves also mourn the loss of your father. He was indeed a true American hero.Your father's place is now with many of his shipmates, and is in their care. We would like to be in attendance for internment services.   Please advise us on the arrangements. Your grief is felt by many, thank you for taking the time to pass on this information
Mike Dobson (ROH)

Re: Dana Haggett

dave johnson
May your father rest in peace God bless

Re: Dana Haggett

Dan Arnes
Sorry for your family's loss Mike.

Seawolf Dana Leigh HAGGETT, ABF2, Gunner, Det 6, 4/7/1968 to 4/5/1969 was also a LIFE Member of the Association.

RIP Dana,

Dan

Re: Dana Haggett

Bear
Sorry for your lose.  Your father was a True American Hero.  RIP

R/Bear

Re: Dana Haggett

bill Rutledge ROH
Dana is and was a true Hero, may his legacy live on,

Re: Dana Haggett Obit...

Rick Meussner

Obituaries

Dana L. Haggett

April 02,2014

Dana L. Haggett

NORTHFIELD — Dana L. Haggett, 66, died Sunday, March 30, 2014, at his home.

He was born May 6, 1947, in Montpelier, the son of Chester and Marilyn (Howard) Haggett.

He graduated from Northfield High School in 1965.

He was a United States Navy veteran, having served in Vietnam with the HAL-3 Seawolves as a helicopter door gunner.

On July 6, 1979, he married Lisa A. Wallen in East Randolph. She died Feb. 25, 2009.

He worked for the U.S. Postal Service in Burlington for more than 16 years.

He enjoyed Corvettes, working on cars, cooking and watching science fiction movies.

Survivors include four children, Jonah Haggett, of Lincolnville, Maine, Charity Haggett, of Northfield, and Mike Haggett and Dawn Marie Ludwig, both of California; three grandchildren; his mother, of Montana; and many siblings, nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by a sister.

A graveside service is planned at the Vermont Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Randolph Center for later this spring. In keeping with his wishes, there are no calling hours.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Central Vermont Home Health and Hospice, 600 Granger Road, Barre, VT 05641; or Central Vermont Council on Aging, 59 N. Main St., Suite 200, Barre, VT 05641.

Kingston Funeral Home in Northfield is assisting with the arrangements.

Re: Dana Haggett Obit...

Gary Hamel
Sorry for your loss   please let us know when the services will be.

Re: Dana Haggett

Craig Zjones
I am so sorry for your loss.  What a hero we have lost.
OB1

Re: Dana Haggett

OB1
Our condolences for your loss.  Your Dad was a real HERO and will be missed by the Seawolf fraternity.  I had a chance to get to know him at our reunions.  A mighty fine man.  May he Rest In Peace.

Respectfully,

Tom & Darlene