Association Member LCDR James Carl ALKIRE passed away 3/15/2023

Association Member LCDR James Carl ALKIRE passed away 3/15/2023

Dan Arnes
Administrator
****https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/name/james-carl-alkire-obituary?id=51473330

JAMES CARL ALKIRE OBITUARY
We salute the passing of our true family hero, James Carl Alkire. James passed peacefully on 3-15-2023. Although born in Peoria, IL, he moved to Bellevue, OH, by kindergarten and graduated from Thompson High School. James joined the Navy after graduation.

Jim was a proud Seawolf in Vietnam and retired a Navy Commander. He served in Laos Air America, as Air Officer on the USS Guam, and trained helicopter pilots. James earned 2 Bronze Stars [With Combat V] and numerous air medals. [1 Individual Action, 22 Strike/Flight]. [Det 4, 2/7/1969 to 1/31/1970]

After retirement James obtained a Masters Degree in Business Administration - Real Estate. He was a longtime member of the Bonita Optimist Club, a Board Member for Sweetwater Authority, and enjoyed gardening with close friends.

We bid farewell to a brother, war hero, son, uncle and friend. James Alkire is preceded in death by his parents Carl and Geneva (Huxford) Alkire, and his sisters Bonnie Kuhn (Bill), and Sandra Stockmaster (Harold). He is survived by his two brothers Glen Alkire (Marsha) and Dennis Alkire (Kathy) along with many nieces and nephews.

Dan

Re: Association Member LCDR James Carl ALKIRE passed away 3/15/2023

kid purington
                                ..." Rest in Peace Seawolf "...