Any Navy Crews NOT Seawolves?

Kathy Orr
I recent learned about the Seawolves and ordered the documentary and two books.  In the 1980s, I was told by a friend who was a Navy helicopter door gunner to watch Apocalypse Now to see what it was like in Vietnam for him.   He never mentioned that he was a Seawolf though.  Were  all Navy helicopter assault crews in Vietnam Seawolves?  Thank you for your help.  And thank you for your courage and patriotism.

Re: Any Navy Crews NOT Seawolves?

Mike Dobson
the only dedicated Navy gunship squadron in the history of the Navy is the Seawolves .   HC-7 was mostly off the coast of Northern South Vietnam, and their mission was Search and Rescue for downed carrier pilots. Nearly all of their missions were over water, although they did go feet dry a few times ----- they were never based in country ------- I hope you ordered "Fire From The Sky "
Mike Dobson (ROH)

Re: Any Navy Crews NOT Seawolves?

Kathy Orr
Thank you.  I’ll order “Fire From the Sky” next.  I’m waiting for the documentary film to arrive.  A friend of mine was a Seawolf.  He didn’t use that name, but he told me a few things about his time in Vietnam.  I started thinking about him a few weeks ago and decided to see what I could find out online about Navy helicopter door gunners. Another friend who was an Army paratrooper, 173rd Airborne, over there is very interested to learn about the Seawolves now, and some of my other friends are also.  I hope many more people will learn about the Seawolves.  Words of thanks are deficient, but  I honor all of you for your service.  God bless you.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 29, 2020, at 11:14 PM, Mike Dobson [via Navy Seawolves] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 the only dedicated Navy gunship squadron in the history of the Navy is the Seawolves .   HC-7 was mostly off the coast of Northern South Vietnam, and their mission was Search and Rescue for downed carrier pilots. Nearly all of their missions were over water, although they did go feet dry a few times ----- they were never based in country ------- I hope you ordered "Fire From The Sky "
Mike Dobson (ROH)

http://navy-seawolves.1002155.n3.nabble.com/Any-Navy-Crews-NOT-Seawolves-tp7466p7468.html
To unsubscribe from Any Navy Crews NOT Seawolves?, click here.
NAML